Medication Management with a Pharmacist
Medication Management with In-Home Review by our Nurse and a Pharmacist
At Retire-At-Home Kitchener-Waterloo-Cambridge, we understand how overwhelming it can be to manage your medications alone. With our Medication Management service, you can feel safe and informed taking the vitamins, supplements, and prescriptions you need to keep you healthy.
Retire-At-Home will monitor, manage, and review the medications you take with the help of reputable pharmacists in the Kitchener-Waterloo-Cambridge area. We strive to make your medication experience as stress-free and safe as possible. To do so, our pharmacists perform regular, in-home medication reviews.
Our in-home medication review includes:
- Performance of quarterly audits on the medication being taken.
- Review of medication instructions and intake directions.
- Removal of all discontinued medications from the home.
- Advice on any concerns and questions related to your medications.
To avoid the stress associated with taking medication, here are some tips for managing your medication:
- Keep a list of your medications with you at all times
- Keep informed about your medications. Learn why you are taking them and any possible side effects they may cause.
- Take note of any side effects you are experiencing and inform your doctor immediately
- Always take your medications as directed. For example, with food or before bedtime, and make sure you understand the effects alcohol may have on the medication
- Do not take any additional medications without consulting your doctor or pharmacist first
- Know the possible consequences of missing a dose
- Dispose of any expired or discontinued medication
- Inform your doctor of every medication you take, even vitamins and over-the-counter medications
- Always read the labels on your medication. Ask your pharmacist if they can make the print larger if you are having trouble reading the small print
- Never mix your medications in the same container (they can interact with each other and create a different chemical reaction)
- Inform your doctor if you decide to stop taking a medication. If a certain medication is causing you problems, you may be able to take an alternative medication. Some medications also need to be gradually reduced in order to avoid problems
- Never share your medication
- Only take medication that has been approved by your doctor
- Do not change the way (time or dosage) you take a medication without consulting your doctor
At Retire-At-Home Kitchener-Waterloo-Cambridge, our top priority is your health. If you need assistance with your medications, our in-home medication review service may benefit you. Our in-home medication review service includes:
- A pharmacist performed quarterly audit on the medications being taken
- The removal of all discontinued medications from the home
Contact us Today for a Free In-Home Consultation!