Mobility Assessments & Home Safety
Avoiding accidents and injuries in the home is key to living independently. Make sure your home is as safe as possible for your medical needs.
At Retire-At-Home Kitchener-Waterloo-Cambridge, we are dedicated to ensuring our independent seniors are safe in their homes. That’s why we offer a mobility and home safety assessment for those people who want to have a specialist advise on ways to make their home safer for everyday living.
Retire-At-Home has teamed up with experienced Occupational Therapists (O.T.) who will carry out a detailed, in-home assessment, identifying the specific mobility challenges for you or a loved one. They will also ensure all the equipment you need is safe and properly designed for your needs and provide ongoing advice as your needs change over time.
Once changes are made to the home and the proper equipment is in place, the Occupational Therapists can also provide training or guidance to your Retire-At-Home Caregivers to ensure they are helping you use the equipment properly each and everyday.
The certified Occupational Therapists in Kitchener, Waterloo and Cambridge will provide the following services:
- Home safety assessments;
- Bathroom-only safety assessments;
- A comprehensive therapist report, including safety recommendations;
- Prescriptions for walkers, wheelchairs, scooters, and other equipment;
- Training with caregivers for use of new equipment;
- Completion of forms to receive proper government funding;
- Parking tag registration for people with disabilities.
Contact us Today for a Free In-Home Consultation!