Hospital Discharge and Post Hospital Care
The time has come to be released from the Hospital. Are you prepared for the next step?
The transition from the hospital back home can involve a great deal of stress and anxiety. Especially without any advanced planning. Regardless of the nature of your illness or injury, Retire-At-Home Kitchener-Waterloo-Cambridge is ready and committed to making your transition home a smooth one, and your recovery as quick and thorough as possible.
Initial steps will begin with a plan to coordinate all the aspects of your Hospital Discharge. A Nurse Case Manager can meet with you and your family at home or in the hospital to get a clearer picture of your medical and personal needs. A safe return home is organized by arranging suitable transportation, getting your home ready for recovery, and providing assistance for any home medical equipment required. Communication and coordination with the medical staff helps remove confusion and complications from the discharge process.
Post Discharge Care service involves experienced caregivers, to assist with the challenging rehabilitation period that begins at home. Caregivers can assist with tasks related to Personal Care, Home Support, Meal Preparation, Errands and Appointments, and more. We are dedicated to providing you with the highest standard of care, to help ensure that your adjustment and healing is comfortable and effective.
Retire-At-Home Hospital Discharge Service and Post Hospital Care can include:
- An initial consultation and assessment by a Case Manager with the client, family members, social workers, discharge planner, physical therapist, and any other specialists that may be involved
- A customized care plan based on the information collected during the assessment
- Home safety support
- Housekeeping services
- Home safety modifications
- Assistance with errands and appointments
- Grocery shopping and meal planning
- Assistance with eating and meal prep
- Personal Hygiene – bathing and grooming assistance
- Emotional support and companionship
- Prescription pick-up and medication reminders
- Mobility assistance and physiotherapy
- Rehabilitation exercises
- Equipment recommendations
- Regular home visits, reviews, and status updates from the Case Manager
Discharge planning and assistance is available for any hospital in the Kitchener, Waterloo, and Cambridge area, including:
- Grand River Hospital
- St. Mary’s General Hospital
- Cambridge Memorial Hospital
- Grand River Hospital – Freeport
Contact us Today for a Free In-Home Consultation!