Palliative Care and Hospice Care
Saying goodbye to a loved one is never easy, and it can be helpful to have some extra support. Palliative Care Services can help everyone involved get through a difficult situation.
End of life care can help provide comfort to your loved one in their final days, and it also offers an opportunity to spend as much time as possible with. End of life care in the comfort of home can help your loved one enjoy their final moments with family, friends, pets, and memories.
Our aim at Retire-At-Home Kitchener-Waterloo-Cambridge is to help your loved maintain a level of dignity and privacy with palliative care services are provided. Our caregivers can help with a variety of responsibilities, including household chores, meal management, and personal care. This helps provide some respite to family caregivers.
What is Palliative Care?
Palliative Care (or Hospice Care) is defined as the compassionate care of a patient and family when a cure is no longer possible. Palliative Care Services are ideal for assisting those suffering from a terminal illness. Focus can instead be placed on comfort and quality of life. Our certified Nurses and Caregivers are committed to providing compassionate, holistic care that both exceeds the clients’ expectations and improves their quality of life.
Palliative Care is designed to help clients and families:
- Deal with physical, psychological, social, spiritual and practical issues, as well as associated expectations, needs, concerns, hopes, and fears;
- Prepare for and manage self-determined life closure and the dying process;
- Cope with loss, grief, and bereavement.
Palliative Care services will help:
- Monitor client’s health and well-being, and manage related ongoing issues and concerns;
- Provide preventative measures and continuity of care for complete comfort of the client;
- Present opportunities for meaningful and valuable experiences, personal and spiritual growth, and self-actualization.
Retire-At-Home recommends palliative care for anyone, or any age, living with a terminal illness. Any time you are ready to accept help, we’ll be there for you.
Our Total Care Approach to Palliative Care or Hospice Care in Kitchener, Waterloo and Cambridge includes:
- Daily monitoring of the client’s health and revision of the care plan as needed;
- Pain management assistance;
- Regular sponge bathing and personal care services;
- Oral care;
- Positioning and re-positioning in bed to promote good skin health;
- Diet and nutrition assistance;
- Open communication with palliative care doctors and other health professionals involved;
- Ongoing communication with family members;
- Assurance of the dignity, respect, and privacy of the client as per their wishes and religious beliefs;
- Arrangements and assistance with Home Medical Equipment and Supplies;
- Assurance of consistency of care by filling in the gaps with public services.
Many of our clients receive our At Home Palliative Care Services before going to local hospices. Local hospices, include:
- Innisfree House
- Lisaard House
Contact us Today for a Free In-Home Consultation!