Fit Minds® Cognitive Care Program
Top quality, personalized care is always high priority at Retire-At-Home. We’ve collaborated with Fit Minds® to design effective cognitive care plans that focus on physical, mental, and emotional health of all our clients to help improve their quality of life.
Cognitive Stimulation Therapy (CST) is the focal point of our cognitive care plans. This approach has been shown to reduce the risk of cognitive impairment resulting from degenerative neurological disorders. Studies also show that continued use of CST results in higher levels of mental activity, slowing the progress of the disease.
What Is Fit Minds?
Fit Minds® is a customized CST program which is based on the science of neuroplasticity, and is designed for individuals with degenerative neurological diseases. This innovative brain exercise program encourages clients to expand their mental capacity, to help strengthen their cognitive reserve.
The CST program:
- Offers complex, interactive challenges that build up resilience in the brain.
- All five areas of cognition are addressed to help foster overall brain health.
- Takes place in a social setting
- Useful of promoting brain health in healthy people, as well as those with dementia.
Advantages For Our Clients
The five areas of cognition covered with this method, are:
- Critical Thinking
- Language and Music
- Visual/Spatial Orientation
Aside from the five areas of cognition, the treatment also looks examines root causes of difficult behaviors that may be a result of dementia. Certified caregivers lead each session, conducting ongoing assessments to track the client’s progress and adjust session plans as needs change.
Human connection plays a key role in brain health. The goal of the program is to enhance cognitive ability and quality of life, without medication.
Fit Minds Programs
Interact® Individual Program – Person-Centered Care
The Interact® Individual program is a customizable CST program for clients suffering with a degenerative neurological disease. The program’s purpose is to slow the progression of the neurological disease, while maintaining the client’s quality of life by allowing them to remain social.
Each session covers the five areas of cognition, and continues the work of the previous session. The materials can be accessed online, printed, and used during the activities.
The program is run by a certified Fit Minds® Cognitive coach, who conducts regular assessments to ensure the program fits the client’s interests and abilities. It is available in both English and French.
Stay Sharp™ Program – Keep Engaged Stay Sharp™
The Stay Sharp™ Program is a CST group program that challenges clients’ cognitive resilience. It is designed for individuals in retirement communities, as well as active professionals who want a more social environment.
The program includes:
- a new session plan and download activities every week (52 in the year)
- a brain health lifestyle® challenge every week
- a kit (customized cards and tote bag
- ongoing access to training portal for an unlimited number of staff.
Delivered in a group setting, Stay Sharp™ builds community by encouraging constant interaction. The program is currently available in English and French.
Interact® Group Program – Build Connections
The Interact® Group program is a CST program designed for those in assisted living and long term care homes.
The program includes:
- four new session plans and activity downloads per week (two of the session plans are aimed at mild to moderate cognitive impairments [Empowerment sessions] and the other two are aimed at moderate to severe cognitive impairments [Maintenance sessions]);
- a kit (customized cards, game boards and tote bag;
- ongoing access to training portal for unlimited number of staff.
The Interact Group program provides essential face time – a key element for reducing anxiety and depression.
Contact us Today for a Free In-Home Consultation!