Fit Minds® Cognitive Care Program
At Retire-At-Home, we believe that high quality, personalized care is a top priority. We’ve partnered with Fit Minds® to create cognitive care plans that make sure our care addresses both the emotional and physical health of our clients and improves their quality of life.
Our cognitive care plans, which utilize cognitive stimulation therapy (CST) have been shown to reduce the risk of cognitive impairments caused by degenerative neurological diseases. Research also shows that continued use of CST results in higher levels of mental activity, which slows the progression of such diseases.
What Is Fit Minds?
Based on the science of neuroplasticity, Fit Minds® is a customized CST program designed for individuals with degenerative neurological diseases. Their innovative brain exercise program challenges clients to expand their brain capacity, and strengthen their cognitive reserve.
- Provides complex, interactive challenges that build brain resilience.
- Focuses on all five areas of cognition to help foster brain health overall.
- Occurs in a social setting
- Promotes brain health in both healthy people and people with dementia.
Benefits To Our Clients
The five areas of cognition are covered, including:
- Language and Music
- Visual/Spatial Orientation
- Critical Thinking
In addition to the five areas of cognition, the root causes of difficult behaviours caused by dementia are addressed. Each session is run by a certified caregiver, who conduct ongoing assessments that track the client’s progress and develop new session plans as needs change.
We believe that human connection is the key to brain health. Our goal with this program is to improve cognitive ability, as well as quality of life, through non-pharmacological means.
Fit Minds Programs
Interact® Individual Program – Person-Centered Care
The Interact® Individual program is a customizable CST program for clients suffering with a degenerative neurological disease. The program’s purpose is to slow the progression of the neurological disease, while maintaining the client’s quality of life by allowing them to remain social.
Each session covers the five areas of cognition, and continues the work of the previous session. The materials can be accessed online, printed, and used during the activities.
The program is run by a certified Fit Minds® Cognitive coach, who conducts regular assessments to ensure the program fits the client’s interests and abilities. It is available in both English and French.
Stay Sharp™ Program – Keep Engaged Stay Sharp™
The Stay Sharp™ Program is a CST group program that challenges clients’ cognitive resilience. It is designed for individuals in retirement communities, as well as active professionals who want a more social environment.
The program includes:
- a new session plan and download activities every week (52 in the year)
- a brain health lifestyle® challenge every week
- a kit (customized cards and tote bag
- ongoing access to training portal for an unlimited number of staff.
Delivered in a group setting, Stay Sharp™ builds community by encouraging constant interaction. The program is currently available in English and French.
Interact® Group Program – Build Connections
The Interact® Group program is a CST program designed for those in assisted living and long term care homes.
The program includes:
- four new session plans and activity downloads per week (two of the session plans are aimed at mild to moderate cognitive impairments [Empowerment sessions] and the other two are aimed at moderate to severe cognitive impairments [Maintenance sessions]);
- a kit (customized cards, game boards and tote bag;
- ongoing access to training portal for unlimited number of staff.
The Interact Group program provides essential face time – a key element for reducing anxiety and depression.
Contact us Today for a Free In-Home Consultation!