Transportation Services for Seniors
With Retire-At-Home’s Transportation Services for Seniors, getting around doesn’t have to be so difficult in Kitchener, Waterloo and Cambridge.
For safe and comfortable transportation, look no further than our Transportation Services for Seniors. Retire-At-Home hires Caregivers with all levels of experience and skills, and many are capable of driving our clients. Not only are our caregivers licensed and insured, but also hired for their ability to provide friendly companionship at your favorite events, social functions, religious services, and more.
If you need transportation to and from the hospital, doctor’s office, or recovery center, our caregivers will be there to help. Additionally, we will help you pack for visits with family or friends, and help run errands on the way.
Driving Options and Related Costs:
Cost, insurance, and the means of transportation are all important factors to consider when it comes to transportation. Our caregivers can provide transportation in three ways:
1. Escorting the client in a taxi or other third-party transportation company.
- When a caregiver accompanies a client in a taxi, the client will pay the normal cost for the caregiver’s time.
- The client also pays for the cost of the taxi.
- If arranged in advance, the Retire-At-Home caregiver can pay for the taxi, and the cost can be added to the client’s regular invoice. There is no upcharge on the taxi cost from Retire-At-Home.
2. Driving the Client in the Caregiver’s Vehicle
- While many of our caregivers have their own vehicles, they may not have the proper insurance to drive clients around.
- If a client would like to have a Retire-At-Home caregiver transport them in the caregiver’s vehicle, Retire-At-Home will ensure the proper insurance is in place before booking the shift for an outing.
- When caregivers use their own vehicle to drive a client, the client will pay the normal hourly rate for the caregiver, as well as a modest per-kilometer charge to cover gas and wear-and-tear on the vehicle.
- Retire-At-Home has a special waiver form that must be signed in advance of taking this service.
3. Driving the Client in the Client’s Vehicle
- Many seniors own their own vehicle, but are no longer capable or willing to drive it themselves. If the client chooses, the caregiver can drive their vehicle for the outings and appointments.
- In situations like this, Retire-At-Home will request a copy of the client’s vehicle insurance, which will cover additional drivers.
- Retire-At-Home will obtain a copy of the caregiver’s valid drivers’ license.
- The client will pay the normal hourly rate for the caregiver, and there are no additional charges to the transportation.
- Retire-At-Home has a special waiver form that must be signed once in advance of taking this service.
In addition to our short-term transport services, we also offer extended travel escort and assistance. A caregiver will assist a loved one when they fly out to visit family, to attend an important event, or to move. Retire-At-Home will manage all travel arrangements, assist your loved one through security, and accompany them on the trip to make sure they arrive safely to their destination.
For more information on your options for Seniors’ Transportation Services, please contact our office. We are pleased to help you under all the scenarios listed above.