Hospital Discharge and Post Hospital Care
The transition from hospital to home can be an incredibly stressful experience. No matter what your illness or injury, Retire-At-Home Kitchener-Waterloo-Cambridge is dedicated to making your recovery as easy and stress-free as possible.
Our services can start with coordinating your Hospital Discharge. Our Nurse Case Manager will meet with you and your family in the hospital to understand your medical needs and personal preferences. We can coordinate your safe return home by setting up your transportation, preparing the home for your return, and ordering any equipment required. We will work with the Hospital team to ensure this transition is a smooth one.
With our Post-Hospital Care service, our experienced caregivers will be there to assist you with the crucial rehabilitation period at home. Our Caregivers can help with all aspects of Personal Care, Home Support, Meal Preparation, Outings and more. We strive to provide you with the highest quality of care, and ensure that your adjustment is safe and comfortable.
Our Hospital Discharge Service and Post Hospital Care includes:
- An initial assessment by a Case Manager with the client, their family, as well as a social worker, discharge planner, and/or physical therapist.
- A personalized care plan based on the information gathered at the assessment.
- Home safety support.
- Home safety modifications.
- Equipment recommendations.
- Errand assistance.
- Grocery shopping.
- Prescription pick-up.
- Mobility assistance.
- Bathing and grooming assistance.
- Eating assistance.
- Meal preparation.
- Medication reminders.
- Rehabilitation exercises.
- Emotional support and companionship.
- Regular home visits and status updates from the Case Manager.